Kalibak, Iron Man, and the Killer Moth
I got the opportunity of a lifetime this last weekend!
I got to dissect silver Iron Man and surgically use his arms and legs for use with a monster’s torso. I know, right! TOTAL DREAM COME TRUE!
I’ve had my eyes on the back screws of that silver Iron Man for quite some time. I don’t know what it is about seeing a bunch of screws holding something together that makes me just want to dive in with a phillips screwdriver! Maybe I should have studied to become a surgeon. On second thought, no, because a surgeon can’t wedge a flathead screwdriver into a human body, and then bang it with a hammer to get the front piece off. You see, I’m not the most patient de-constructor. Sure, I enjoy the methodical process of removing a bunch of screws as much as the next guy, but if the damn thing doesn’t easily pop apart then I’m getting out my flathead!
Well, that day was the day I was gonna be able to take Iron Man apart. The quickest version of how we got here is:
- Noble’s best friend Will had a birthday party.
- Noble had a fever and couldn’t go.
- We decided to buy Noble a toy to ease the pain.
- I bought him the most ridiculous looking supervillian called Killer Moth, because it ALSO came with a monster torso….some guy named Kalibak. (Definitely a risky move. I could have easily bought another Spiderman toy and coasted, but I wanted to go for broke! And this Killer Moth guy looks like the product of sitting Elton John and Richard Simmons in a room together with the goal of outfitting, and naming a super villain. So it could have gone either way, pun intended.)
- The only way to complete the Kalibak creature, which Noble so desperately wanted to do, was to buy 4 other DC characters. (each came with an appendage)
- No way in hell.
- Noble suggested we should use Iron Mans arms and legs.
- What?! Are you kidding me?! ABSO-FRICKIN-LUTELY DUDE! Let me get my screwdriver!
It took a bit of ‘outside the box’ thinking, because the pieces didn’t really match up perfectly, but I think I MacGyvered a pretty cool creature together. Behold: The morphing of Kalibak and silver Iron Man! Noble calls him…..THE BEAST